Hidden Adventures provides engaging eco-adventure experiences, events and expeditions which connect people with heritage, nature and the outdoors.
Our Loch Lomond Canoe Trips, Bushcraft Days and Mountain Treks explore areas close by, or within, Loch Lomond and Trossachs national park.
Hidden Adventures needed their website updated and transferred. We built their website many years ago and offered to create a new full-page style modern website, but they love the current site and would let us change very little. So this is an example of an upgrade project rather than the kind of sites we currently design.
Among other things, they wanted…
- Exisiting classic style preserved almost entierly
- Transfer from Joomla to WordPress CMS which would be easier to maintain and update
- Integration of existing blog into website
- Search Engine optimisation
- Internal calendar system for team scheduling and managment
- Internal file sharing for documents
- Transfer to new domain while keeping Google ranking
- Simple no-maintenance payment system based on Paypal buttons and cart
- Site made responsive for mobile devices
Client: Hidden Adventures
Skills: Website Transfer/Update
Owner, Hidden Adventures
Creative, diligent and resourceful web designer, who was able to successfully integrate our brand into a good looking and functional web site. Organisational ability and quick responses to requests gave us peace of mind whilst allowing the flexibility we need to grow. Highly recommended!
We were able to reproduce the existing Hidden Adventures design perfectly in WordPress. After consulting with the owner we were allowed to make some departures from the original design to make sure the site looked good on mobile devices.
Behind the scenes, the staff now use a customised calendar to plan activities and organise staff. We have also provided a detailed user guide on how to make blog posts.
Easy Staff Calendar
Simple Paypal Cart
Hidden Adventures Logo Reconstructed
Easy Updates with WordPress CMS