Have you noticed that the front page of a lot of websites these days is almost entierly made of a single image? This is called a Hero Image.
Often there is only a few words and/or a couple of buttons on the image.
Hero Images have become popular as a way to direct customers to the single most important action you want them to take: The Call to Action.
- Attractive, striking image can define the look of your site.
- A single image can represent an idea or goal and direct customers to your Call to Action
- Hides most of the text content and navigation from the user until they scroll or click
- Exploring the Hero Image Trend in Web Design
- How to Create Beautiful (and Persuasive) Hero Images for Your Online Store
- Why Home Page Sliders Are Ineffective (And What’s Replacing Them)
This is part of our new series of articles which will build into a glossary of website terms.